Thursday, June 19, 2008

when you really care...

I started photographing the gifts I've received from my friend Gen, long ago. The one above was taken in June of 2005. 

Gen is the kind of friend I never thought I'd find in Nashville...a kindred spirit in every sense of the word. We share a love of all things 'design-y', with gifts being no exception! Here, Gen has wrapped a flea-market find in a lovely kraft paper box, with a photocopied page from a Warhol book (affixed to the bottom of the box). Truly, I couldn't imagine a better present. The wrapping alone was a gift in itself.

While sometimes it doesn't seem worth putting the extra time and effort into wrapping a gift, the message behind a well-wrapped present often translates to 'I care about you.' For loved ones in your life, the attention to detail is well worth the effort and won't go overlooked.

No comments: