Thursday, June 26, 2008

summer party tunes (the cheater's edition)

Invite- check! Food- check! Decor- check! Music...uhhhh...

When preparing for a gathering, I often forget to create a music mix until the last minute. I used to get myself into a mad panic and would often end up spending hours on iTunes searching and searching for just the right tunes. The stress! The agony! But no more! (here's the big secret...shhh...) 

A year or so ago I had the bright idea to google my favorite Nashville radio station. It's the station I listen to when I'm not listening to my 7-month old's 'Music City Music Together' cd. It makes me feel cool, in the know, and mentally takes me to a place when I was younger and firmer. It makes me want to roll down the windows, let my hair blow in the breeze, and maybe even hum, if I'm in a really good mood. The music is usually THAT GOOD. And they always have something new and different, but not too different, if you know what I mean. 

So I started snagging their playlists for myself. And when we have people over, I always get questions like, "Who is that (playing on the ipod)?". And I feel so cool that I am that in the music know. Like I am so in tune with the music world that I have all the latest greatest indie bands. But now you know my truth. 

If you want to impress your friends at your next party, checkout the playlists from Lightning 100...www.lightning100.com

Image from geministudio on Etsy...it's also a hint as to what's in store for next week's posts!

No comments: