Sunday, April 19, 2009

can I just say thank you?


I was so thrilled to be asked to be a part of this year's Cause for Paws committee- a yearly luncheon put on to benefit the Nashville Humane Society. I have had 'volunteer more' on my to-do list for a long time, so I jumped at the opportunity. But then I found out what I would be doing... asking for donations. For me- you might as well be asking me to fly around the country (hate flying) or give a speech in public (terrifying)- so the thought of backing out of the commitment definitely crossed my mind more then once. The thought of those dear animals, however- kept me going- particularly this year when so many pets are being abandoned due to economic circumstances. This isn't exactly an ideal year to ask for help- and while I definitely got more then a handful of no's, I was overwhelmed and so appreciative of all the yes' I did receive! 

No comments: