Friday, July 31, 2009

more details from sharnel



It seems I'm not the only one in love with Sharnel's birthday party, so I asked her to divulge a couple more details then she initially shared with us. 

From Sharnel

"The inspiration for Olivia’s party came from a dessert buffet Amy Atlas created and an image I saw on flickr of some Martha Stewart pom pom decorations.We love to throw parties that parents can relax at and enjoy themselves, too.  So we searched for an entertainer that would keep the littlies mesmerised for a good while.  Princess Sharara filled that brief perfectly.  She is aprofessional belly dancer that also transforms children's parties into a magical Arabian fun fantasy.

When designing the Olivia’s cake, I knew I had to have one of Lollipop Workshops creations. Jen will custom make a whimsical topper just for you.

Jars and vessels for the dessert buffet where either sourced locally or my own.

I designed the labels for the buffet and the font I used is JBCursive from Dafont.com (lots of requests for the name of that font!)

One of the first things I completed for the party were the party favours.  I collected lots of different fabrics that complemented the colour scheme and sewed the favour bags.  Each one was filled with a polka dot notebook, pencils, eraser and sharpener. The gift tags are from La Papier Studio.  I wanted the guests to take away something that would remind them of their fun-filled day."

Thanks for sharing all of your great sources, Sharnel!

1 comment:

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

This party is so beautiful! I am a huge fan of Amy Atlas, Le Papier Studio, and now Sharnel! Thanks for sharing!